Saturday, March 17, 2018
Scid vs PC - chess database application. New version 4.19
SCID - "Shane's Chess Information Database" is a huge chess toolkit with extensive database analysis and chess-playing features.
Scid vs. PC is a usability and bug-fix fork of Scid. It has extensive interface fixes and improvements, and is fully compatible with Scid's .si4 databases. It's new features include a totally rewitten Gamelist, a Computer Tournament, and FICS, Tree and Book improvements.
New and Improved Features
New 'Default Databases' feature (Options->Save Bases as Default).
- CQL 5.2 search feature (Search->CQL). Thanks Lionel and CQL authors.
- General search can now match any (non-hidden) pre-game or final move Comment.
- Export Scid Flags feature.
- Big speed up for bulk Strip Comments/Variations feature. (Also make the 'Stop' button work).
- Improvements to loading games at the correct position (resolve a conflict between the tree window and search results), and small Tree speed-up.
- Remove 'Magnetic' for Paul's chess pieces. New 'Ascii' chess pieces (thanks HGM) and 'Green' colour scheme.
- New Turkish translation (thanks Ali Sen).
- Right-clicking button bar changes, including right-click Window button shows Splash window.
- Some tree tweaks and doco updates, and tree Fast+Slow mode now doesn't break the win/lose graph.
- Tweak progress bar update frequencies (base export, game copy).
- OS X has a faster build.
- New Windows build system from Oz.
- A new script, 'sc_filter_pgn', which filters multiple PGN files for games matching a certain position.
- FICS - Offers Graph is disabled while playing a game. Change the censor button a little, and control+censor censors person chatting to you.
- Escape key in main board cancels piece dragging/move.
- Input engine fixes (DGT board). Widget now resizes ok, and bitmaps display properly on OS X. Thanks to Davy De Roeck for debugging it on OS X.
- Fixes regarding other language piece letters.
- Fix up showing the first gamelist/game in searches.
- Fix up the days of the months in the calender widget.
- Fix up window placement on multi display desktops.
- Best games 'Reset Column titles' was broke.
- sc_game startPos segfaults if !HasNonStandardStart.
Download - home page
Best posts of the month
Fire - UCI chess engine, Rating JCER=3185 author compilation - by Norman Schmidt Fire 7.1 download
Sugar - UCI chess engine, Author - Marco Zerbinati Rating JCER=3372 SugaR XPrO 1.5.3 - download
About the new version: We have just released Komodo 12.3 . The normal version is about 5 elo stronger than Komodo 12.2.2 (plus any benef...
Rebelfis h is intended to enrich the Stockfish engine with typical Rebel | ProDeo features such as in ProDeo 2.9 and at the same time (for...
Raubfisch is an engine derived from Stockfish and Torpedo 1.1 XJR (private engine by Frank Karl Werner and Max Fehler) Rating JCER - 343...
Raubfisch is an engine derived from Stockfish and Torpedo 1.1 XJR (private engine by Frank Karl Werner and Max Fehler) Rating JCER - 34...