Scid vs. PC is a usability and bug-fix fork of Scid. It has extensive interface fixes and improvements, and is fully compatible with Scid's .si4 databases. It's new features include a totally rewitten Gamelist, a Computer Tournament, and FICS, Tree and Book improvements.
New and Improved Features
- Overhauled and customizable interface.
- Engine versus engine computer tournaments.
- Extra search features, including move, end-of-game, and stalemate/checkmate searches.
- Drag+Drop file opens for Windows and Linux.
- Rewritten Gamelist widget with convenient context menus and buttons, and integrated Database Switcher.
- Improved Computer Game and FICS features, including premove, and simultaneous observed games.
- Many chess engine improvements, including max-ply option, an unlimited number of engines running, and the function hot-keys can be explicitly set..
- Tri-coloured Tree bar-graphs, and options for more or less statistics.
- Ratings Graph can show multiple players, and Score graph is an attractive bar graph.
- Improved Book windows, including book compare, and remove move features.
- Redone Button and Tool bars.
- The Chessboard/Pieces config widget has been overhauled, and includes support for custom tilesand pieces.
- Clickable Tablebase moves.
- Recent Game and Player-info histories
- Bug tested Undo and Redo features.
- The Help index is meaningful to new users, with links to the game's main features.
- Clickable Variation Arrows, and Paste Variation feature.
- A user friendly Annotation feature, with search-to-depth feature.
- Better support for UTF and Latin character sets in PGN export/imports.
- Improved and more powerful Tree Mask feature.
Scid vs PC 4.16.1 download